“I think” vs “I thought”
Use “I think”
1) To agree on something at the present but not totally sure.
Boyfriend: Do you love me?
Girlfriend: I think so.
2) To state an opinion or belief.
“I think you are beautiful.”
Use “I thought”
1) To talk about what you were thinking in the past.
“When I was teaching in high school, I thought of making this blog.”
2) To state a belief you no longer believe in or opinion you no longer have.
Wife: Am I beautiful?
Husband: I thought you were.
3) To confirm something you believed it was and is now a known fact.
Girlfriend: I admit you are not my first boyfriend.
Boy: I thought so. But I still love you no matter what.
Did you like this post and want more posts in the future related with this topic? Click “Follow” or “Subscribe” via email to receive free updates on my future posts. Don’t forget to share this to your friends on social media. Feel free to express your ideas by using the “Leave Reply” option below.
View all other posts by tapping the menu below: